Friday, August 15, 2008

stop.

I couldn't sleep last night. This has become pretty typical of the last two weeks, being sick and all. And yesterday was quite a day. Ya know? I couldn't have slept anyway. I was replaying things I'd said and done and feeling pretty bad about myself.

I pulled out the Word. Always a source of peace and truth, two things I need constantly. I started reading, and God revealed to me my sin. I got frustrated, and I started praying.

God I just want to STOP these things. Put them to an end. Put them to death. I hate them. I don't want them in my life, I never want to do them again.

Then the word stop was rolling around in my head. Just stop. Just stop. Stop thinking that way, stop saying those things, just stop.

I got inspired. Here's what resulted:



I always knew I would use that stop sign for something.

It's funny...the first thing I ever really painted is...words.

So this is going somewhere where I will see it every day. As a reminder to put to death the sinful nature and let Christ live in me....

1 comment:

laura leigh said...

i very well may steal this idea.
that is INCREDIBLE. kudos.